Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mandarin and Sodas

You know.. being a drunk is sorely underrated. It gets a bad rap. It only takes a handful of psycho drunks to ruin it for the rest of us. Most people I know are fun drunks, mostly responsible, and drink to get high.. (come on.. what else is there?) and they then go home.. (via cab or foot.. lol) and go to work a little tired, but still are productive .. (for the most part). I drank this last weekend. I drank more than I've drank in a long time and frankly, it was totally worth it. I didn't get overly hung over. I drank both Saturday night AND Sunday night. (no kiddo, see) and seriously, it rocked. I highly recommend it as a way to escape reality. If you *know* you are doing it to escape reality, are you really escaping it? Frankly, I guess I'm not escaping reality. I love reality right now. It's kick ass awesome. It's summer, I'm free, I have a great kid, I have several new 'friends' that shall remain nameless and I'm drinking again. Really.. life doesn't get any better. So.. I raise my glass in a toast to all of you.. have a drink or two.. relish it.. enjoy it.. you are an adult and you are responsible (mostly) so you deserve it. I shall drink without guilt for the rest of my days.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Holy shit. You sound like me 3 years ago, before the devil took hold. I'm just sayin.'

WestCoastGold said...

LOL...

Catfish said...

Heh, clickety