Monday, May 21, 2007

The Noner is Cute and I Love Her

Last Friday was a teachery-workshoppy day or something, so I took the Noner to school with me and she sat very quietly and studiously during voice class. At the end of class, one of the students sang a song she was working on, which happens to be a song from the musical, "Wicked." The musical itself, in my opinion, is horrid and embarrassing (one of those over-the-top schlocky productions which took the original story and bent it over and rammed it up its pooper with completely insipid music, but I digress...)
Anyhoo, this musical, "Wicked," that is, is very popular with the 7-year-old set (understandable) and I was thrilled that the Noner could witness this student, let's call her "Shmengo," sing her li'l heart out on the song (which she was very good at, too!).
And the Noner was her little old quiet smiley self after Shmengo finished the song, although I could tell she was secretly thrilled.
She said nothing more of Shmengo until after school was over, and we were in the parking lot walking back to the car. The following exchange happened:

Me: So, that was pretty lucky that you came with me to school on the day that Shmengo was practicing that "Wicked" song.
Noner: Yeah!
Me: What'd you think? She sings really good, huh?
Noner: YEAH!
Me: Shmengo LOVES "Wicked."

..........

Noner: Hey, I wonder if Shmengo likes monkeys?
Me: Uhh....
Noner: Yeah, because if she likes monkeys, then we would have TWO things in common!!!

2 comments:

Catfish said...

I enjoy reading your writing about things. Hey, we should hump... just thinking, you know, about humping...

WestCoastGold said...

hahahahhahaha. that's GREAT.