Sunday, March 25, 2007

Oppression

My dog is currently looking at his reflection in the fire place glass doors. He is curious and quiet. He keeps tilting his head and raising his ears. It's almost like I can hear him thinking... He's thinking ....'what the hell'?

Anyway, saw the soon to be ex husband this weekend. He came over Saturday and had some dinner and a glass of wine. I know, odd eh? I think he's great, I just don't want to be married to him. He's hot too, dammit. Dammit all to hell. I enjoyed his company, we had some laughs and he went home. Maybe we should have just been friends from the get go, never even got married. Although I've read somewhere that when people decide to divorce or break up or whatever, they can all of a sudden get along because there isn't the same expectations. That seems ass-backwards, but life works oddly that way sometimes, I suppose. I decided to get online and check out some cute men on the personals. That was a big mistake. It only underscored how hot and together my soon to be ex is. I talked to this one guy that I actually used to know a long time ago. And he's just as dumb and corny as ever. The old adage of the grass not being greener is just beyond truth. However, I do know that as much as my husband has all these great qualities, I am too big for the kind of relationship he wants, the kind of woman he wants. I am not perfect, but I am complete and free.

1 comment:

Anonymous Dog Owner said...

I have so been there so many times....it really sucks but I believe people come into our lives for reasons we sometimes don't understand and relationships change always. Keep your eyes forward and try not to look backwards. Thoughts of what you want in your life are very powerful.....