Tuesday, May 1, 2007

36 is the New Black


So I woke up this morning feeling happy. Giddy even. I am another year older and yet I still feel as young as I was yesterday. I went to the local grocery store to buy a celebratory bottle of vino. Took it to the counter and got out the debit card. Acted all coy-like to the ringer-upper guy. Like maybe I wasn't old enough to purchase alcohol. I swipe my card and wait for him to card me. He looks at me and smiles. I'm waiting for the golden words...."I need to see ID, please". But these words do not come. All he says is "would you like a bag for this?" Yes. Yes I would. One big enough to go over my head as I walk the walk of shame back home. Suck it, Mr. Ken's Market guy.

7 comments:

Catfish said...

Dude, I know exactly how you feel. Last week I was telling the ladies here about my anniversary and they asked how long I had been married and I told them and they were all like, damn, how old are you and I told them and they told me they never would have guessed I was that old.
I waited for them to tell me how old they thought I was and they told me:
I thought maybe you were only 32 or so...
I was crushed... I was anticipating and hoping they would say something like 25 or 28 even... Damn... now I look at least 32, shit....
Hope you had a happy b-day anyhow...

WestCoastGold said...

I will be 40 in Sept.. and let me tell you.. it just keeps on getting better and better.. 40 is the new 30.. I'm LOVIN IT.. and Kitten Chow.. your kids are beeeyoootiful!!

ChinoMoreno said...

Thank you!! I think so. :)
40 is the new 30. I don't fear it at all. Getting older is better than NOT getting older, if you catch my drift!

Paula said...

Dang! There's a fricking inferno on that birthday cake!

Was it cherry chip?

If I was a Ken's Market Guy, I would be so distracted by your hotness that I would forget to card you. That was probably what happened.

ChinoMoreno said...

You're right! That has to be it. He was so taken by my beauty that he forgot about the task at hand!
That is funny that you ask about the cherry chip. It is still my fave, but Jim just can't seem to remember that. I got rainbow chip. It is soooo not the same. I didn't say anything, though. Cuz I'm nice like that!

Anonymous Dog Owner said...

I met you once and you are beautiful! Your children and husband as well. I would have NEVER thought you were 36! Not that 36 is bad. Not at all....
There will come a time when you would give just about anything to be 36 again. Enjoy!

ChinoMoreno said...

ADO -I thought I might have met you before. You are now one of my favoritist people right about now! I'm feeling Super Happy!